James Dail Ministries, Health The Right Way’s goals and objectives are to promote good health and long life according to God’s Word. James Dail Ministries introduces the Biblical, systematic, nutritional plan that God provided with specific teachings, guidelines, and directions on caring for the temple of God in order to live life based on God’s promise. “And the LORD said, ‘My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years'” (Genesis 6:3).
The health of a Christian’s physical body is as much a part of the Gospel-the Good News-as the health of the Spirit and the health of the Soul. God wants a healthy triune man: healthy Body, healthy Spirit, and healthy Soul. Knowing this truth, the writer of the Gospel of John declares to us in a letter: “Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth” (3 John 2).
The Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible (Strong) explains that the Greek word hugiaino translated into English is health. From hugiaino we derive the word hygiene. Hugiaino or hygiene means “to have sound health and to be well in body.” Figuratively, Strong explains that health means “being uncorrupted or being true in doctrine, as well as being true in the Word of God.”
Beloved, let the Word of God be your God. Do not let your belly be your God. If you eat what God tells you not to eat, it grieves God. Just as it grieved the Apostle Paul who wrote, “For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: whose end is destruction, whose god is their belly” (Philippians 3:18c-19b).
Therefore, beloved, we of James Dail Ministries pray to our Father who art in heaven, that above all things, you may prosper, be in health, uncorrupted, true to Biblical doctrine, even as your soul prospers. We pray health to you in the Name of Jesus, The Christ. Amen.
The Body of Christ . . .
Prayer is the utmost responsibility of the children of God. Communicating with God, the Father, through prayer is the foundation of life. James Dail Ministries and the members of the Body of Christ will uphold their responsibility to God through prayer.” Dr. James A. Dail, Sr. “And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive” (Matthew 21:22).
- We believe (faith) in God the Father, the Creator, the Almighty, the Sustainer, and the Reformer of heaven and earth.
- We believe (faith) in God the Father, the Creator, Jesus The Christ, our resurrected Savior and LORD, and the only begotten Son of God.
- We believe (faith) in God, the Creator, and the Holy Spirit, the Comforter and Truth, who is sent to live beside our spirit.
- We believe (faith) in the Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit (the Triune God, The Holy Trinity)-and that these three are One. Jesus declares in John 10:30, “I and My Father are one!” Moreover, Jesus declares in John 4:24, “God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and in truth.”
- We believe (faith) in the redemption, forgiveness, and salvation provided by the sacrificial blood of Jesus of Nazareth at Calvary’s Cross. This is our gospel, our good news, “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life” (John 3:16).
- We believe (faith) that the Holy Scriptures are God-breathed, inspired, infallible, and are most worthy for instruction, healing, and blessing. “All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work” (2 Timothy 3:16-17). Being healthy based on the gospel is a good work. The Scriptures teach practices that promote, maintain, and restore health. These healthy scriptural practices include faith, diet, prayer, fasting, laying on of hands, exercise, tithing, giving, and more.
- Faith is action, based upon belief, is supported by confidence that God’s Word is true. The ABC’s of faith are Action, Belief, and Confidence” (The late Dr. Gene Scott). James Dail Ministries and the members of the Body of Christ believe and know that it takes more than just belief to please God. “Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone” (James 2:17). James Dail Ministries takes Faith and Action, based upon Belief and supported by Confidence, that God’s Word is true. Faith and Works that follow the Word of God lead to healing.
- Tithing and Giving are ordained by God. The Bible says, “Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house, and try Me now in this, Says the Lord of hosts. If I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you such a blessing that there will not be room enough to receive it.” We believe that ‘Stewardship of our money’ is the ability to manage our finances so that we do not hold back what God expects us to give for the building of His physical and spiritual Kingdom on earth. “And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people” (Matthew 9:35). James Dail Ministries hope that you realize that God places less importance on the monetary value of the gift, and more importance on the sacrifice involved. (See Luke 21:1-4). By giving your tithes and offerings, you bless God. “Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless His holy name. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases” (Psalm 103:1-3).
- We believe (faith) that we are beings created by God. “So God created mankind in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them” (Genesis 1:27). Since God created mankind, God knows what is best for our health and well-being. God created our body, soul, and spirit. Each of our parts must be in harmony with God’s principles for optimum health. To keep our health from failing, James Dail Ministries and the members of the Body of Christ regularly read and reread the instruction manual for mankind-the Holy Bible. Then we do what the Bible says to do from the beginning to the end.
- We believe (faith) that we are called beings. We have a God-ordained employment-to obey God and to serve Him. Jesus said, “I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance” (Luke 5:32). “No one can come to Me (Jesus) unless the Father who sent Me draws him” (John 6:44a). Mankind has a God-given purpose. “… You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind” (Matthew 22:37). Jesus said, “If you love Me, keep My commandments” (John 14:15). “… He (or she) who is greatest among you shall be your servant” (Matthew 23:11).
- We believe (faith) that we are responsible stewards. God has entrusted His earthly creation-including our bodies-into our care as His stewards and servants. “Then God blessed them (the male and female Adam, mankind), and said to them, ‘Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it: have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth'” (Genesis 1:28). Stewardship of our body is being able to manage our body well, so that we are mentally and physically able to do what God expects for the building of His physical and spiritual Kingdom on earth. The members of the Body of Christ believe that responsible stewardship of our bodies will help us get much closer to living the 120 healthy years for which God gave us license. “And the LORD said, ‘My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years'” (Genesis 6:3).
- We believe (faith) that we are responsible for our own health. We believe physical health is primarily a reflection of God’s universal law of cause and effect. “Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap” (Galatians 6:7). How we feed and care for ourselves does indeed impact our health and the health of our offspring.
- We believe (faith) that God has, does, and will directly intervene in order to heal, according to His sovereign purpose. God said, “…If you diligently heed the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For, I am the LORD who heals you” (Exodus 15:26).
- We believe (faith) that Satan, our adversary, seeks to destroy us. We believe in the existence of Satan, his demons, and evil spirits who can be witches. We believe that given the opportunity, satanic forces will use every means possible, especially undermining our health to disrupt and destroy the lives of us who seek to love and obey God. “Be self-controlled, be watchful; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour” (1 Peter 5:8). “God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble. Therefore, submit to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you” (James 4:6b-7).
- We believe (faith) that physical health is an important factor towards effective service. A body in ill-repair or diseased has a diminished capacity for effective service. Research from Duke University Medical Center confirms that Faith can speed up recovery, and a lack of Faith can cause slow recovery from diseases.
- We believe (faith) that optimum health is built upon seven essentials. In order to maintain optimal physical health, one must have pure air, pure water, health-promoting food, adequate exercise, sufficient rest (6.50 to 7.00 hours daily), and be obedient to God’s Word by tithing and giving. In addition, one must learn how to effectively handle stress. “Cease from anger, and forsake wrath; do not fret (stress out), it only causes harm” (Psalm 37:8).
- We believe (faith) that health-promoting foods come primarily from the garden. A healthy diet centers on fruits, vegetables, and grains consumed in forms closest to their original state and free of chemical additives. “And God said, See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruits yields seed; to you it shall be for meat'” (Genesis 1:29).
- We believe (faith) that invasive health care measures such as surgery and other medical procedures are sometimes necessary. We believe (faith) that invasive measures do not heal. Healing comes from the body’s own God-given healing mechanisms.
- We believe (faith) that spiritual health is of ultimate importance. Physical health is very important, but it is a means to an end, not an end in itself. Man was created to love, obey, and serve God. “If you love Me (Jesus), keep my commandments” (John 14:15).
- We believe (faith) that Love of God and Love for others is of ultimate importance for spiritual, mental, and physical healing. Love is the single most important commandment in the scriptures. Jesus taught that the single greatest commandment in the Bible is to love God with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength. He followed up by saying that the second greatest commandment draws from the first-“Love your neighbor as yourself.”
“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life” (John 3:16).
“Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good. Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honor preferring one another; not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord; rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer; distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality. Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not. Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep” (Roman 12:9-15).
Of what profit is it if an individual gets well physically and yet has neither peace with God, nor a sense of purpose for his life? We believe that the church should teach the people of God how to remove physical and spiritual roadblocks to fulfill the will of God.
“And He (Jesus) said to them, ‘Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who is not-believing will be condemned'” (Mark 16:15-16).
The Biblical references, quotes, and translations in this document are taken from the King James and the New King James Versions of the Holy Bible.